Liquidity fragmentation has long been a stumbling block in the DeFi ecosystem, leading to inefficiencies and disruptions in transaction flows. With the rise of modular chains and the advent of Rollup-as-a-Service (RaaS) projects, challenges like fragmented liquidity and the loss of composability become paramount. Without the foundational elements of crypto—composability, openness, and permissionless operations—such an ecosystem can't thrive.
As Catalyst deploys on the Omni Network, they are laying a foundation to directly confront this challenge. The deployment ensures a streamlined experience, a unified platform for users, and more efficient liquidity management – all of which directly benefit the broader DeFi community by driving user adoption and fostering innovation.
At its core, Catalyst aims to solve the imminent problem posed by the millions of chains predicted for the future. With an increased number of modular chains, the crypto space runs the risk of losing its primary characteristics of composability, openness, and permissionlessness. Liquidity becomes fragmented, making it difficult for new chains to tap into established networks. That's where Catalyst comes into play, as a cross-chain liquidity layer designed to interconnect these fragmented modules.
Catalyst & Omni: A Match to Address Fragmentation
Both Catalyst and Omni Network have identified the issue of liquidity fragmentation and are committed to resolving it. This deployment embodies:
- Shared Vision: Omni Network and Catalyst have converged on a shared goal. By this deployment, they ensure users have a smoother experience without the complications associated with navigating multiple chains.
- Unified Platform: Omni's prowess in consolidating users, liquidity, and activities from different rollups provides Catalyst with an avenue to interact with a wider audience and access a cohesive liquidity pool.
- Boosted Liquidity Management: Omni’s architecture, which aggregates state from all rollups, ensures that Catalyst benefits from a seamless liquidity stream, making transactions smoother for users.
- Better Transaction Rates: With a consolidated liquidity pool, users experience efficient transactions without the need to juggle multiple platforms or face hurdles due to liquidity issues. Moreover, this unified approach ensures better transaction rates.
- Enhanced Security: Deriving security from Ethereum via EigenLayer, Omni provides an added layer of trust. For Catalyst, this means safer transactions and a more trustworthy environment for users.
A Guide for Users: Engaging with Catalyst on Omni
While deployment partnership spells significant advancements for Catalyst, it's essential for users to know how to navigate this new integration.
- Access Testnet Funds: To make your interaction seamless, collect tokens on the testnet via the Omni Faucet. Remember, you'll need to be an Omni Overdrive Launch Supporter for this.
- Start with the Mission: Catalyst's UI now includes assets on the Omni Network. Begin by swapping assets here.
- Claim Your Points: After you've completed the task, head over to Omni’s Galxe profile and claim your Mission completion OAT. Once claimed, you can also claim a special OAT on Catalyst’s Galxe Space. Remember, to get points on the Mission Center, you must claim the OAT on Omni Galxe.
Catalyst’s deployment on the Omni Network marks a significant stride in the fight against liquidity fragmentation. By providing an efficient transaction experience, cohesive liquidity, and enhanced security, this deployment promises a transformative era for the DeFi community. Experience the integration firsthand by exploring the Catalyst Mission.
Catalyst is an AMM purpose-built to connect all chains. Its mission is to empower individuals to acquire any asset on any chain. Using Catalyst, any chain can swap assets with major blockchains like Cosmos, Ethereum and its rollups. Catalyst is backed by prominent investors such as Spartan Group, HashKey, Polygon and Circle.
The Omni Network is a layer 1 blockchain built to connect all rollups. Using Omni, developers can build global applications that are available across all rollups. Secured through restaking $ETH, Omni is a next-generation blockchain leading the frontier in both security and functionality.
Omni is backed by $18M from prominent investors such as Pantera Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and Jump Crypto.