We're delighted to announce the next evolution of the Omni infrastructure stack: Omni Overdrive. Building on the phenomenal success of Omni Origins—which saw 1.5M+ transactions and onboarded over 150K users—Omni Overdrive takes us a step further in our quest for blockchain interoperability and scalability to onboard the next 100 Million users into Web3.
Omni Overdrive - What's New?
Omni Overdrive brings groundbreaking changes, including not just Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) functionality but also introducing a major new infrastructure layer that allows for communication between rollups. In essence, Omni Network is now capable of fulfilling its core promise: connecting all rollups to create a seamless development and user experience.
- Broaden Your Horizons: Now, developers are no longer limited to a single rollup. Omni Overdrive enables DApps to function across multiple rollups, starting with Linea, Arbitrum and Scroll.
- Enhanced Liquidity: Say goodbye to fragmented liquidity. DApps can now tap into a larger liquidity network with a more diversified user base across rollups.
Here's a quick guide on how to get started on Omni Overdrive Testnet:
- Add Omni Overdrive as a New Network: Follow the guide shared below.
- Minting OATs: Start by minting your Omni Overdrive Launch Supporter OAT from Galxe.
- Getting Funds from Faucet: Once you've minted your OAT, you can claim testnet funds from our faucet here. You’ll claim testnet $OMNI, $USDT, $USDC, & $ETH on all integrated rollups from the faucet.
How to Add Omni Overdrive as a New Network
You MUST add Omni Overdrive as a new network in your MetaMask wallet. Our faucet will prompt you to easily add this new network when you're claiming testnet funds. By following these guidelines, you're setting yourself up for a seamless journey on Omni Overdrive!
If you prefer to add the network manually, do not simply edit the old RPC details in your MetaMask to the new Omni Overdrive RPC. This is crucial; otherwise, you'll be tangled in nonce inconsistencies that MetaMask won't easily reconcile. Here is a step-by-step guide to add a custom network to your Metamask wallet.
Below are the network details:
- Network name: Omni Overdrive Testnet
- RPC URL: https://testnet.omni.network/
- Chain ID: 165
- Currency symbol: OMNI
- Block explorer URL: https://testnet.explorer.omni.network
If you still face any issues, here’s how you can rectify it:
- Select Omni as your network in your Metamask Wallet.
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right and click “Settings”.
- Click on “Advance” Settings and then on the “Clear Activity Tab Data” button.
- Finally, click on “Clear” and you are done.
If you need additional support, join our discord server; we’ll help you!
Using the First DApps on Omni Overdrive: Welcoming Collar Protocol
We're excited about all the developers building on Omni Overdrive. Today, we are highlighting the first team's deployment: Collar Protocol.
Collar Protocol, built by an experienced team from Harvard and Goldman Sachs, offers high LTV (Loan-to-Value) loans without liquidations. Collar aims to redefine capital efficiency and user experience in the decentralized finance ecosystem through this innovative mechanism.
Omni Network is thrilled to empower Collar Protocol with its robust omnichain development platform, enabling it to operate across rollups and tap into broad-based liquidity pools.
You can access the Collar Protocol App here.
Here’s how you can try it out:
Step 2 - Claim Testnet Funds from Faucet
Step 4 - Request Price
Step 5 - Head over to Collar Alpha on Omni
Step 6 - Check and Finalise Your Deal
Step 7 - Check Your Vault
By navigating through these steps, you're not just executing transactions; you're participating in a revolution. Collar Protocol leverages Omni’s infrastructure to bring its innovative DeFi functionality across all rollups. Your financial world just got more inclusive, efficient, and secure.
For a detailed guide on how to engage with Collar Protocol, check out the step-by-step guide here.
Mission Control will be your go-to for all available missions. This is where you'll find tasks that contribute to the Omni ecosystem and allow you to earn XP rewards. Learn more about Mission Control here.
Omni Overdrive Testnet V2 marks a significant milestone for us and the broader blockchain community. We invite you to be an early adopter in this exciting journey. Together, let's set new standards for what's possible in crypto’s future.
The Omni Network is a layer 1 blockchain built to connect all rollups. Using Omni, developers can build global applications that are available across all rollups. Secured through restaking $ETH, Omni is a next-generation blockchain leading the frontier in both security and functionality.
Omni is backed by $18M from prominent investors such as Pantera Capital, Two Sigma Ventures and Jump Crypto.